New Home Roof Installation in Houston
Getting a new roof can be quite an undertaking. From the estimates that you have to gather to the actual expense itself, it can be stressful process. However, the wonderful team at Dependable Construction aims to make new home roof installation and replacement in Houston an easy, painless, and transparent process.
Three ways to know when it is time for a new roof installation
Roof Age: Most roofing experts, including ours, agree that an asphalt shingle roof will last 20 to 25 years, regardless of the climate. However, there are other factors that may effect that, such as proper roofing ventilation and whether or not the old roof was removed before the new roof was added. A rule of thumb: if your roof is over 20 years old, it is time to call us to replace your roof.
Shingles: Shingles have a life expectancy of 20 to 25 years. However, climate, weather events, and other roofing issues might shorten that lifespan. If you start noticing your shingles curling, buckling, and losing granules, then it is time for a re-roofing due to aging, defectiveness, or both. When you decide to replace your roof, the installation experts at Dependable Construction in Houston can make the process easy.
Roof Valleys: Roof valleys are one of, if not the most, important part of your roof. Texas rainwater flows through the valleys into the gutters for drainage. If the valley is damaged for any reason—such as shingles that are falling and/or missing—your home is vulnerable to roof leaks. And roof leaks can be costly, especially when it can cause damage to the interior of your home.
Not to mention…
Other warning signs include:
- Chimney flashing issues that could cause moisture to seep under the roofing shingles because it is not water-tight.
- Moisture that has penetrated the roofing system and started to weaken the decking. You can see if this is going on by going into your attic and see whether or not there’s daylight coming through the boards. You can also inspect for moisture in the insulation.
- Water spots around the vents and ceiling of your the interior of your home.
- When shingle granules start getting old, they start falling into the gutters. Moreover, granule loss is visible through darker spots on your shingles.
- Shingles that are starting to crack, buckle, warp, or curl.
If it’s time to get a new roof, then it is time to call Dependable Construction
Since 2009, Dependable Construction has installed scores of new roofs on various homes in the Greater Houston area. With a fully transparent process, our customers have found that we are the ones they can depend on when they need quality, trustworthy new home roofing installation and replacement in Houston. Contact us today for a free roofing inspection and estimate!